High Beanery Cafe | Food Blog
High Beanery Cafe: Where Coffee Meets Coziness
Hey there, coffee enthusiasts! ☕ If you're anything like me, you're constantly on the lookout for that perfect coffee spot that combines great brews, a welcoming vibe, and maybe a little bit of magic. Well, let me spill the beans about a gem I stumbled upon: High Beanery Cafe.
Location: MSU Upper Commercial Center, Marawi City
Opening Hours: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
A Little Background
This caffeine haven opened its doors on March 18, 2023, and let me tell you, it's been my coffee oasis ever since. Now, I'm no morning person, so if you're hunting for a dawn pick-me-up, you might want to set your alarm. High Beanery starts brewing at 10 AM. But if, like me, you crave a cup of comfort to wind down after a long day, this is your go-to spot.
Atmosphere and a Dash of Magic
Picture this: You're on the third floor, sipping your favorite brew, surrounded by the gentle glow of city lights at night and the serene view of the lake at twilight. Yep, that's the kind of magic High Beanery's ambiance brings. Nestled within the campus, this café isn't exactly student-budget friendly, but it's just right for young professionals, faculty, and staff looking for a cozy escape in Marawi City.
Service with a Smile
First impressions matter, right? The exterior design and the inviting evening lights at High Beanery are like a warm embrace, welcoming you inside. And once you cross that threshold, the friendly staff with their comforting smiles make you feel right at home. Quick service is the name of the game here, and they even offer board games to keep you entertained while your food is whipped up. Double win!
Let's Get to the Good Stuff—Food and Drinks
Now, when I'm in a cafe, my heart usually sings for pasta. So, on my first visit, I couldn't resist ordering their Chicken Alfredo. While I missed a sprig of green garnish like parsley (because, you know, it's all about the little details), the pasta itself was spot on. Perfectly al dente and oozing with creamy, cheesy goodness. Though a touch more garlic would have elevated it further. For the pasta, I'll give a 7 out of 10.
The Zinger burger—a glorious surprise. It came with a side of fries, and I couldn't resist asking for an extra gravy dip. Guess what? They tossed it in for free! That Zinger was a flavor-packed knockout with well-seasoned chicken, sauce, lettuce, and cheese. And that gravy on the side? Just what the taste buds ordered. I’ll give that zinger an 8.
For dinner, I've got to have rice. So, I dove into their student meals, priced at a wallet-friendly ₱99. I went all in and ordered the Tapsilog, Classic Fried Chicken, and Burger Steak. Every dish was cooked to perfection and bursting with flavor. The only catch? If you're an MSU student, you might need two plates to conquer your hunger. The Tapsilog was lovely, but I wished for more tapa. So, it's a 7. The Classic Fried Chicken? Oh my, it's marinated to perfection with a hint of milky goodness. I'll give it an 8. As for the Burger Steak, the first one I had was out of this world, but I hit a flatter patty the next time. A bit of inconsistency there, but that's life! For my first Burger Steak, I'll give it an 8.5
Now, let's talk about the crown jewel—the Mango Tango. Imagine all your favorite dessert and drink elements swirling in one cup: mango, chocolate syrup, mango ice cream, and maybe some graham and cream. And those black pearls (booba)? Chewy, sweet perfection. It's on the sweeter side, so bring a friend to share the bliss. It's a 9!
High Beanery also has a range of yogurt series, all refreshingly delightful. The Blueberry (my go-to flavor) and Pink Guava (unexpectedly loved it) flavors scored an impressive 8.5.
For fellow milk tea aficionados, the Red Velvet Milk Tea with added Cream Cheese is a revelation. The cocoa, cream cheese tang, and tea flavors dance harmoniously. And oh, don't forget the classic Red Velvet with vanilla ice cream—a match made in café heaven. I may not recall all the drinks I've sampled here, but trust me, High Beanery nails milk tea and caffeine-free concoctions. Solid 9 out of 10!
Last but not least, let's talk about the heart of it all—the coffee. Whether hot or cold, they've got you covered. The Caramel Macchiato might be a tad sweet for my liking, but my sister adores it. The Spanish Latte is a bold, beautiful brew with just the right sweetness. Now, the Classic Macchiato? That's my jam. A subtle sweetness, a creamy kick, and a hint of bitterness—a perfect 10, every time!
Affordability and the Cozy Factor
You can savor a delightful meal at High Beanery Cafe for a wallet-friendly ₱100-150 (Menu attached below). And the best part? It's right here on campus, so you don't need to take a ship on a grand adventure. When I'm at High Beanery, I tend to lose track of time, only emerging when a waiter starts tidying up the balcony (hehe). That's my cue that I might have overstayed my coffee haven, but hey, it's hard to resist.
So, What's the Verdict?
I've got to say, they're not kidding when they claim to offer the best coffee in town. It's an inviting spot to unwind, connect, or simply enjoy your favorite brew. Now that I've spilled the beans about High Beanery, where should I venture to next? Share your recommendations in the comments below, and let's keep the coffee chatter brewing! ☕✨
#HighBeaneryCafeExperiences #MarawiCityEats #CoffeeAdventures
P.S. You can check out more about High Beanery Café on their Facebook page: High Beanery Cafe Facebook. Don't forget to give them some love! 😊