Food Blog | Laguindingan Airport Affordable Food Selection

Hey there, foodies and travelers! 🌮🍲✈️

This is how it starts: I'm at Laguindingan Airport, with a growling stomach and a serious case of motion sickness from my journey. What's a motion-sick traveler's first instinct? You guessed it, hot soup and some delicious home-cooked dishes.

As I stepped off the van and into the airport, I couldn't help but wonder where I could find some tasty local fare. And who better to ask for recommendations than the friendly security guard? He pointed me in the direction of the airport's food options, but there was a mouthwatering promise of even more choices at a nearby food park. My ears perked up when he mentioned soup – it was a no-brainer for me!

Upon entering the food park, I was greeted by a selection of culinary possibilities: coffee, burgers, noodles, and Maranao dishes. Now, I have a soft spot for spicy and soupy delights, so my heart was set on a Maranao restaurant. There were two options to choose from – Pagana and Malembae. Both were welcoming, but Malembae's ambiance and mouthwatering menu photos sealed the deal for me.
I decided to go all-in and ordered their pritong bangus and tortang talong. But here's the kicker – their soup was not only delicious, but it was also unlimited! (Or was it?😅) As someone who's lived on Maranao cuisine for eight years, I can tell you there's a distinct spiciness and flavor profile that can be overwhelming for newcomers. But Malembae manages to strike a perfect balance between spiciness, sweetness, and saltiness. Their palapa, a traditional Maranao condiment, was a solid 10/10 (the saltiness and spiciness is perfect, not dry and not soupy, just right). The bangus earned a 9/10 (maybe if it was served hot, it would earn a 10), tortang talong an 8.5/10 (a little bit unseasoned for my liking but I love the texture, doesn't taste 'commercialized' or cheap. You can feel that there's not too much flour added to it (or none at all) which is what I like), and the puto – a perfect 10/10 (not too sweet, supper soft and the chewiness is the best. Makes me want to eat more though I already ate 2). The best part? Their food are affordable. We ate all our hearts out and we only paid ₱270! So affordable!

One of Malembae's best-kept secrets is their pater, a dish so good it's a hit both inside and outside the airport. They're also famous for their special kinilaw, a dish so sought after that people are always trying to get their hands on the recipe – though it remains a well-guarded secret. Unfortunately, it was sold out when we arrived.
The sales ladies who served us were not only accommodating but also full of tips. They even let us in on a little secret – the restroom at the food park is way better than the one inside the airport. We arrived four hours early for our flight, so we had a blast chatting with these friendly ladies. What a fantastic experience!

Now, if you're not as daring with your taste buds, no worries. There are plenty of other options on their menu, which I'll attach below.

So, have you been to this food park before? If so, I'd love to hear about your experience. And if you haven't, what kind of food adventures tickle your taste buds? Share your thoughts in the comments below! 🍽️✈️👇 #FoodieFinds #TravelTales #FoodAdventures #LaguindinganEats #LocalCuisine #MaranaoDelights #AirportFood #HiddenGems #FoodParkFinds #HughFoodventure #Hugh